Rapid Viz book
Strathmore Toned Tan Sketchbook 9″ x 12″
Itoya 11″ x 17″
Copic marker 0,2,4,6 Neutral or warm
White prisma pencil
White ink pen (uni ball signo)
Micron pens set
Woodless pencil 2B, 4B 6B
Electric eraser optional
8-1/2″ x 11″ Xerox paper laser quality
1 set of watercolors
Poe Tan has worked for Walt Disney Animation Studios, Warner Brothers Animation, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Fox Animation, Sony, and many others. He has done designs for hit shows Ben10, Rugrats the Movie, Johnny Bravo, He Man Masters of the Universe and many more.and Areas of expertise include background layouts, character facial expressions, full body turn-around, character costume design, continuity of design, dynamic poses showing attributes and attitudes, character squash and stretch, story conceptualization, and prop design including vehicles and weapons both relating to animation and game design. He achieved is M.F.A recently in 2014 from Academy of Art, San Francisco. Poe is currently busy working on his game project that has been optioned by a publisher in Asia. At the same time Poe is teaching at Pasadena City college and has taught at Art Center College of Design, Pasadena.
REGISTRATIONS & PAYMENT PLANS
Students must be paid in full prior to the first day of class when enrolled in an Extension Course or Workshop, except those with a payment plan agreement. Please visit the Main Office at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the class, to complete any pending registration issues.
Payment Plans: A 3% Payment Plan Fee will be assessed, with a maximum charge of $35. The Payment Plan Fee, $20 Registration Fee, plus 50% of the total tuition owing must be paid on or before the first day of class. The remaining 50% of the tuition can be paid with a post-dated check (dated 1 month later) or with a signed Credit Card Authorization Form.
There is a $35.00 fee for all checks returned as N.S.F. (Non-Sufficient Funds).
COURSE CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS
LAAFA reserves the right to cancel any class, limit class size, change class times or substitute instructors for those listed in the schedule.
If a class is cancelled, students will be issued a full refund or may transfer with no fee to another class.
If an instructor must leave after a term has begun, and no suitable substitute is available, the student will be refunded a pro-rated amount.
REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
All classes, uninstructed workshops, Visiting Artist Workshops and artist demonstrations are non-refundable. You may request to drop for credit (see next paragraph) or transfer into another class.
You have two weeks to evaluate each class and decide whether you want to drop for credit (a dollar amount calculated based on the receipt of request) or transfer into a new class. Requests must be submitted before the start of the third session, via email to email@example.com. A $25 Drop/Transfer Fee is assessed. Credit will be valid for a full year and is non-refundable. It can be applied toward any Extension Course, Workshop or Visiting Artist Event at LAAFA.
All artist demonstrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
ABSENCES & MAKE-UPS
One free make-up session is allowed per quarter, per class. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 3 days in advance, with the course and date you wish to attend as a make-up. Make-up sessions aren’t transferable to future quarters.
- If you arrive late, please enter quietly. If you have equipment to set up, please wait for a break to set up so that you do not disrupt the class.
- The front row of benches is reserved for sitting individuals.
- Economize your workspace to accommodate fellow artists.
- Please refrain from talking to the models while they are posing. Photography is not allowed without the express permission of the model. The model may require a photography fee.
- Please refrain from personal discussions while class is in session. Be sure to switch cell phone ringers OFF.
- Don’t comment on others’ work unless it is solicited.
- Animals are not permitted, with the exception of assistance dogs for the disabled.
- Please clean up your work area and properly dispose of your waste after class. Use the Brush Cleaning Closet, not the bathroom sinks, to clean your hands, paintbrushes and other art tools.
- No Turpentine or smelly solvents and mediums are allowed. Odorless Mineral Spirits is preferred.
- There will only be 16 spots allowed in the workshops. Entry in the workshop is on a first come, first served basis. We do not accept reservations. Students paying on a per-day basis will be admitted at the start time of the workshop if space is available.
- Please note that all students must pay prior to the start of each workshop or class when paying on a per-day basis, and prior to entering the workshop to set up.
- A monitor appointed by LAAFA will set up all uninstructed workshops. Once the pose is set, there will be no changes.
- Any suggestions or comments, please email us at email@example.com.