Paint (please select “professional grade” Heavy Body paint, no student grade paints please)
Cadmium Yellow medium
Cadmium Red Light
Permanent Green Light
Ultra Marine Blue
Mars Black and Titanium Buff, or Unbleached Titanium
I prefer Golden Talkon brushes. No Bristol, or natural hair brushes. Brushes in Acrylic painting take a lot of abuse, so please do not invest in expensive brushes.
Real Value – Princeton Brush set 9153
1” Flat Golden Talkon
Variety of Rounds # 3,4,7
Palette- Glass, plastic, or disposable with support
4 to 6 stretched canvases no larger than 11×14
Container for water
Christina Ramos is a nationally recognized artist specializing in candid portraiture and representational painting. Her innovative use of acrylics has made her a much sought after demonstrator and instructor. Recently, she was chosen as an “Artist to Watch in 2015” by Southwest Art Magazine. Also, selected by the Golden Paint Company as a “Working Artist”, Christina travels to colleges and universities in Southern California educating students about paint, pigments and mediums. Her work has been given awards by the Portrait Society of America, the Acrylic and Casein Painters of America, the National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society and many others. Her work has also been featured at the San Diego Museum of the Living Artist, the International Museum of Contemporary Master of Fine Art, the Santa Paula Museum of Art, and the Pasadena Museum of History, to name a few.
REGISTRATIONS & PAYMENT PLANS
Students must be paid in full prior to the first day of class when enrolled in an Extension Course or Workshop, except those with a payment plan agreement. Please visit the Main Office at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the class, to complete any pending registration issues.
Payment Plans: A 3% Payment Plan Fee will be assessed, with a maximum charge of $35. The Payment Plan Fee, $20 Registration Fee, plus 50% of the total tuition owing must be paid on or before the first day of class. The remaining 50% of the tuition can be paid with a post-dated check (dated 1 month later) or with a signed Credit Card Authorization Form.
There is a $35.00 fee for all checks returned as N.S.F. (Non-Sufficient Funds).
COURSE CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS
LAAFA reserves the right to cancel any class, limit class size, change class times or substitute instructors for those listed in the schedule.
If a class is cancelled, students will be issued a full refund or may transfer with no fee to another class.
If an instructor must leave after a term has begun, and no suitable substitute is available, the student will be refunded a pro-rated amount.
REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
All classes, uninstructed workshops, Visiting Artist Workshops and artist demonstrations are non-refundable. You may request to drop for credit (see next paragraph) or transfer into another class.
You have two weeks to evaluate each class and decide whether you want to drop for credit (a dollar amount calculated based on the receipt of request) or transfer into a new class. Requests must be submitted before the start of the third session, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A $25 Drop/Transfer Fee is assessed. Credit will be valid for a full year and is non-refundable. It can be applied toward any Extension Course, Workshop or Visiting Artist Event at LAAFA.
All artist demonstrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
ABSENCES & MAKE-UPS
One free make-up session is allowed per quarter, per class. Please email us at email@example.com, at least 3 days in advance, with the course and date you wish to attend as a make-up. Make-up sessions aren’t transferable to future quarters.
- If you arrive late, please enter quietly. If you have equipment to set up, please wait for a break to set up so that you do not disrupt the class.
- The front row of benches is reserved for sitting individuals.
- Economize your workspace to accommodate fellow artists.
- Please refrain from talking to the models while they are posing. Photography is not allowed without the express permission of the model. The model may require a photography fee.
- Please refrain from personal discussions while class is in session. Be sure to switch cell phone ringers OFF.
- Don’t comment on others’ work unless it is solicited.
- Animals are not permitted, with the exception of assistance dogs for the disabled.
- Please clean up your work area and properly dispose of your waste after class. Use the Brush Cleaning Closet, not the bathroom sinks, to clean your hands, paintbrushes and other art tools.
- No Turpentine or smelly solvents and mediums are allowed. Odorless Mineral Spirits is preferred.
- There will only be 16 spots allowed in the workshops. Entry in the workshop is on a first come, first served basis. We do not accept reservations. Students paying on a per-day basis will be admitted at the start time of the workshop if space is available.
- Please note that all students must pay prior to the start of each workshop or class when paying on a per-day basis, and prior to entering the workshop to set up.
- A monitor appointed by LAAFA will set up all uninstructed workshops. Once the pose is set, there will be no changes.
- Any suggestions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.