- A $100 Entrance Form and Payment required.
- Containing no more than ten and no less than five of your most recent and best two-dimensional artwork pieces – Students must include at least 3 figurative drawings from life. Please click here for more information on “What Makes A Good Portfolio”. Artwork submitted from photographs are strongly discouraged. Images must be in JPEG format. Images should be as close to 800 X 1200 pixel and 72 DPI. The JPEG must also be large enough to show your entire piece (do not crop your artwork). Each JPEG must be labeled with a number, and the student’s name. Include a list of portfolio works with your submission. Include numbers corresponding to the images submitted, as well as title of work, description of piece, concept and/or subject matter, size, medium, and completion date.
- Applicants must complete a life size scale drawing of a glass cup and an egg on white paper. The drawing must be done in charcoal or graphite. It may be any opaque glass cup and egg of your choosing. We are looking for quality of execution and innovative concepts.
- A one or two page Essay or Personal Statement – An essay or personal statement will express your commitment to representational use of the figure in making contemporary art. In addition, please address why you feel LAAFA is the best choice in pursuing your educational goals. Students are strongly encouraged to review LAAFA’s mission statement.
- A copy of your high school diploma/proof of graduation or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required. If you are currently enrolled in high school, please submit transcripts showing your current progress and projected date of completion. Official, sealed transcripts must be sent from your high school directly to the Registrar.
- 1-Year Intensive Drawing Track – $30,943
- 18-Month Intensive Fundamentals Track or Intensive Entertainment Art Track – $46,414.50
Tuition is based on a track cost and is subject to a yearly adjustment. Students may arrange to make monthly, quarterly, bi-yearly and yearly payments.
Electives are part of the overall track cost and have no monetary value. Students in good standing may also take bonus electives for no additional cost.
- Application Fee – $100
- Registration Fee – $250 (To be applied towards the 1st payment and is non-refundable. This fee is required to secure your spot in the track.)
- Administrative Fee – $400 included in yearly track cost.
- Late Payment Fee – $150
- Non-Sufficient Funds (N.S.F.) Check Fee – $35
If your check is returned N.S.F., you will be required to pay this fee plus the amount of the N.S.F. check in the form of a cashier’s check or money order before your next class meets again.
None of the aforementioned costs include supplies. Students will not be required to purchase any supplies directly from LAAFA.
- Methods of Payment: LAAFA accepts cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.