Since our founding, Gamblin Artists Colors has handcrafted luscious oil colors and contemporary mediums true to the working properties of traditional materials, yet safer and more permanent. Gamblin’s dedication to today’s oil painters extends beyond offering the finest possible materials – we believe in sharing our knowledge so painters can choose those materials that best support their own artistic visions.
Understanding Contemporary Oil Painting Materials, a 90-minute Lecture Demonstration will cover the following:
- Artist’s Oil Colors – Gamblin’s approach to color making
- Color Theory – 2-dimensional vs 3-dimensional Color Space
- Color Mixing – Navigating Color Space: Gamblin’s practical approach to color mixing
- Mineral vs Modern Pigments – How to create a personalized palette of colors
- Indirect vs Direct Techniques – Historical application of opaque and transparent colors
- FastMatte Alkyd Oil Colors – Benefits and uses of fast-drying, matte oil colors
- Galkyd Painting Mediums – Focus on working properties and choosing the right medium
- Building Permanent Paintings – Understanding Fat Over Lean approaches
- Supports, Sizing and Grounds – How they affect color and permanence
- Studio Safety – How to create a safe studio environment using Gamsol OMS
- Gamvar Picture Varnish – Understanding contemporary varnishes and controlling surface quality
All attendees will receive FREE Gamblin Products & Literature Samples.